Achieve Accurate PDPM Reimbursement with Real Time
Data suggests that missed coding opportunities, lack of Interim Payment Assessment (IPA) submissions, and declining lengths of stay are just a few areas that facilities continue to face challenges with PDPM. Real Time’s PDPM Complete utilizes live data extracted directly from the EHR, including mission-critical information found in nursing notes, to identify missed coding opportunities and deliver live IPA Alerts. Real Time customers that regularly utilize live IPA alerts realize an average of $32.25PPD improvement. Using PDPM Complete ensures your LTPAC is getting reimbursed for all of the care you are providing.
“We have seen the use of Real Time improve the PDPM Composite Score payment by over $150/day.” – Marc Zimmet, President and CEO of Zimmet Healthcare
What makes us different than other PDPM support tools? Unlike MDS Scrubbers, our solutions are based on live clinical data within your EHR. Our PDPM Complete solution can integrate into your present EHR workflow, so there’s no additional work – it’s that simple!
Coding oversight during the Initial Assessment is bound to occur. Real Time’s PDPM Complete solution ensures you are capturing accurate $PPD rates at the beginning of admission to reflect the care you are providing to each resident:
- Extract live data from your EHR
- Identify overlooked coding opportunities including depression, NTA, multi-drug resistant, etc.
- Capture documentation from nursing notes, MD orders, valid diagnosis, and more
For many facilities IPAs are hard to identify and where a facility has rigorous IPA processes in place, they come at a heavy expense of staff time. Real Time’s IPA Alerts tool immediately informs you when residents meet IPA criteria which may differ from the initial MDS, including attributed $PPD rates – allowing you to get reimbursement for the care you are providing.
- Receive live alerts when an IPA is needed
- Identify estimated $PPD rate for IPA
- Improve IPA revenues by $32.29PPD (avg.)
- No data entry or extra work needed
As quality of care improves under PDPM many facilities are seeing a decline in length of stay (LOS). Successful LTPACs that use Real Time for PDPM are expanding their referral base to offset any LOS declines.
- Proactively identify resident’s potential risk for readmission to the hospital and intervene early, before rehospitalization is needed
- Improve quality measures and patient satisfaction ratings
- Provide data-driven communications to referring hospitals and health systems